Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Popplet


As much as I like to use technology in my classes, one traditional assignment I use is simply having the kids take notes on our AP US Government chapters.  I tried this fall to just have the kids do webquests only, but found they (even really good kids) were giving the skimpiest answers possible.  So now I use a hybrid model of reading, notes and webquests.  But I am NOT happy w. traditional reading notes, and one thing I would like to experiment with is using more mind maps.  A great way to do it is with Popplet (which I learned about from FreeTech4Technology).  This method allows one to use images, videos, etc. with words and present it in a pictoral display which we all know is a better way to learn.  So soon I will be experimenting with my students and Poplet.

No comments: